How often do you find yourself doing a repetitive task in your business, and thinking... 'what's the next step again?'
Do you find you leave out/forget important steps in the process?
Do you get the same questions from customers over and over again, and have to write out the same answer multiple times?
Do you make mistakes (hello, sending the wrong order to the wrong person *cringe*) and have to deal with the unpleasant consequences (P.S. I have TOTALLY done this - do not recommend).
A LOT of the work we do in business is repetitive. And we can speed things up, reduce errors, cut down the mental load, AND make it easier to teach others how to help us if we properly document our business systems.
In this premium episode I'm going to:
- give examples of some of the (many!) systems in your biz that you can document (some of which you've probably never considered);
- outline the numerous reasons why you should take a little time to document these systems as you go; and,
- give you a whoooole bunch of ways you can document these systems.
Listen to Episode 202
Examples of systems
- How do I make this particular design?
- What is my order processing process?
- How do I communicate important details to my customers?
- What is the process of listing a new item in my online store?
- What is my packaging process?
- What is my weekly marketing process?
- What are the steps to posting on IG?
- To help you streamline & make improvements
- To help you determine how long/how many steps a task takes
- So you don’t miss any important steps
- If you ever hire someone, you can give them the documentation to train them
- Trello - make a board/list for each process
- Loom - record you and your screen
- Etsy & email - canned responses to speed up customer communication
- Could also store these in your phone notes for use on IG and FB
- Create a spreadsheet/document - consider using google docs or something else in the cloud - you can access it from anywhere and share it with others if necessary.